In today’s competitive online business environment, it’s critically important to differentiate yourself from your competition to successfully promote your business online.
Now, there are plenty of ideas floating about as to how you might do this – social media, SEO, Pay per Click, an amazing website etc.
But if you truly want to promote your business online and stand head and shoulders above your competitors some radical (or as you’ll discover – not so radical) thinking is called for.
Consider for a moment the power of the written word, a medium that has been used for centuries to communicate and convince.
Further, consider the fact that in our society a writer or author is often seen as an authority figure, an expert even. If your objective is to secure more prospects, customers, interviews, speaking engagements, whatever – then you owe it to yourself to capitalize on the kudos your very own (e)Book will bring you.
The benefits of your very own eBook to promote your business online
There are lots of benefits associated with having your own eBook as a “business card” or “giveaway” to promote your business online, here are just a few for you to think about:
• Authors and writers are considered experts – you can ride on the back of this perceived authority by having your own digital and print book as a giveaway.
• Differentiate yourself – outshine your competitors by being able to give away something of real value to your potential clients.
• Authors are expected to give interviews – you can capitalize on this expectation by having your own digital and print book.
• Speaking gigs – what better way to attract new clients than speaking, as an expert, to a room full of already interested prospects.
• Use the book itself – because the book is your very own, you can include whatever content you feel appropriate between its covers. Including, but not limited to, your life story, information about your product or service, business advice, consultancy or even a sales pitch.
Years ago, the prospect of producing your own eBook was admittedly a daunting one.
But, that was then and this is now.
In these days of online publishing, it’s entirely possible for you to produce and launch a book to promote your business online, in both digital and physical formats.
If you go the Amazon Kindle route, for example, it’s a relatively straightforward process to write a book (I’ve done about 20 for myself and clients) and get it online.
Having done so, a printed copy can also be produced via the Amazon-owned company Create Space. The days of having to rely on a formal publisher and all that entails in terms of expense and hassle are long gone.
So, you see, your own digital and printed book is well within your grasp.
The possibility of using your own digital and physical book as a truly unique business card is really something you should consider.
It has the potential to elevate you way above your competition and capture the attention of your target audience. It’s also an excellent way to confer an air of real authority upon yourself.
And, the good news; in this digital age, the whole process is relatively easy.
This post may contain affiliate links which means if you click on one of these links I’ll receive a small commission. This is at no extra cost to you and, in many cases, I’ll get you exclusive discounts. Your support helps me to make more content like this to help you – thanks.